Need a ride?
Hawai'i: What to Know Before you GO!Posted On: 02/01/2021
Hawai’i has it all! Sunny skies, beautiful beaches, gorgeous mountain views! And it’s open for travelers!
GO serves Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) in Honolulu on Oahu, Kahului Airport (OGG) on Maui, Kona International (KOA) on the island of Hawai’i, and Kauai Lihue Airport (LIH) on the island of Kauai via partner GO SpeediShuttle. It’s important to be aware of new and enhanced State of Hawai‘i Safe Travels Hawai‘i program entry requirements prior to departure
What to Know Before you GO:
- Hawai‘i requires a pre-travel testing program, completion of the Mandatory State of Hawai‘i Travel and Health Form, and temperature screening at all Hawai‘i airports upon arrival.
- The islands of Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, and Hawaii continue with the state’s pre-travel testing program. Travelers must have their negative test results prior to departing as an alternative to Hawaii’s mandatory 10-day quarantine.
- The only test accepted is the Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab test results from Trusted Testing and Travel Partners.
- The negative test result must be uploaded onto Safe Travels prior to departure or printed out prior to departure and hard copy in hand when arriving in Hawai‘i.
- All incoming travelers are required to have their temperatures checked and complete a health questionnaire online before they can leave the airport.
- Pacific travelers arriving without a confirmed negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of departure are subject to a mandatory 10-day quarantine.
- Trans-Pacific travelers participating in the Safe Travels program will be randomly selected to take a County administered COVID-19 test upon arrival to Hawaii Island. The tests will be administered to approximately 25% of the passengers at all three airports and the cost of the test will be borne by Hawaii County.
Kauai has additional requirements. The completion and submission of a County of Kauai Arrival Form is required for all individuals subject to quarantine. This includes those individuals that fall into the following quarantine categories:
- 10-Day Travel Quarantine
- Enhanced Movement Quarantine (Resort Bubble)
- Kauai Approved Modified Quarantine (KEMA)
- State of Hawaii Modified Exemption (DOD)
- Submissions will be reviewed upon arrival on Kauai by Kauai Police & National Guard Personnel for accuracy and completeness.
GO provides Kona International Airport (KOA) service to Kona, Waikoloa, Maua Kea, and other Kona destinations. Service areas for GO Kauai Lihue Airport Airport include Lihue, Kapaa, Poipu, Princeville, Waimea and other Kauai destinations.
Hawaii’s travel restrictions and requirements differ between islands and change frequently. The information listed below is accurate as of Feb. 1. We advise those planning to go to Hawaii should check travel websites ahead of their visit and before their departure from the state.
We’re ready to GO when you are!
Click here for more travel tips from Vinnie Van GO.
Send comments and questions to Editor@goairportshuttle.com