BOOK NOW AND SAVE
GO WITH US In Over 90 Airports Worldwide
Go Airport Shuttle Shares Tips For President’s Day Family Travel
For Immediate Release: CHICAGO (January 21, 2008) — Parents looking to maintain harmony on trips over President's Day weekend can benefit from insider travel secrets from members of GO Group, a global consortium of 39 independent airport shuttle operators. The holiday weekend begins Friday, Feb. 15 and runs through Monday, Feb. 18.
"Family travel is wonderful — once you get to your destination," said John McCarthy, president of GO Group. "It's getting there that can be stressful and everything is complicated by taking care of children's needs. Our members have plenty of experience in helping out."
For families with infants, Knights Limo Service in Boston suggests checking if the local shuttle service allows travelers to leave their car seat with the service during their trip, to be picked up on the way back home. If you decide to travel with a car seat, GO Airport Express in Chicago also recommends making sure it's a model that the airlines will allow in the cabin.
Other tips from GO members include:
- Remember to ask your GO shuttle service provider about child discounts when booking your ride to the airport (most GO members offer fare breaks).
- Book seats in different sections for you and your spouse. This allows couples to trade off child care, and gives each person a chance to take a break.
- Always pack medications, phone chargers and extra changes of clothes in a carry-on bag. These are vital in the event of lost luggage or long airport delays.
- Photocopy your credit and identification cards. Leave one copy at home and bring the other in your carry-on. Also bring copies of your children's birth certificates.
- Keep kids informed of what is happening during your flight and in the terminal to keep them calm and aware of their surroundings.
GO Airport Shuttle launched in August 2007 as a convenient, one-stop source for door-to-door airport shuttle services. Each year, its members transport nearly 29 million passengers to 110 airports around the world using a fleet of nearly 4,000 vehicles. Travelers can easily book ground transportation to and from both departure and destination airports through GO's Web site, www.goairportshuttle.com.
Contact: Judi Schindler