BOOK NOW AND SAVE
We GO Where You GO In Over 90 Airports Worldwide
Go Group Offers Reasons To Travel This Holiday Season
For Immediate Release: CHICAGO (October 1, 2008) — Don't let the airfare hikes, outrageous fuel prices, and possible recession convince you to stay home this holiday season.
According to the members of the GO Group, LLC, the nation's largest ground transportation company, this holiday season may be one of the best for travel since 2001.
"The bargains, enticements and rewards may be too good to pass up as we get closer to the holidays," says John McCarthy, president of GO Group, LLC.
Go Group, LLC, offers five reasons to take that holiday trip this year:
- Airports will be less crowded than in previous years: Christopher Elliott, travel reporter at MSNBC, predicts the economy may force many travelers to forfeit their holiday trip this year. This could mean smaller crowds at the airports, and possibly lower airfares over the next few months.
- Hotel bargains: According to Meetingwave, an online networking service for business executives, finding last-minute deals through distressed room inventory, like priceline.com will be better than it has been in years. Many travelers may opt to stay with family and friend to help save expenses, leaving more room for the rest of us.
- Possibly lower gas prices: Both presidential candidates have pledged to lessen U.S. dependence on foreign oil. So, no matter who wins the election, this could be a signal to the OPEC nations to reduce prices.
- Last chance to use frequent flyer rewards: Many airlines have announced changes to their frequent flyer programs, such as increasing the number of point requirements and reducing the number of seats available for members. By using your rewards this holiday season, you may avoid tighter restrictions in the future. Check out www.frequentflyer.com for more details on the changes.
- Family: Visiting friends and family is the single biggest reason Americans travel during the holidays. Visits account for 53 percent of all Thanksgiving long-distance trips and 43 percent of long-distance trips during Christmas. For many, it's the only time they see their whole family.
GO Group, LLC members provide a convenient, one-stop source for door-to-door airport shuttle services. Members transport nearly 29 million passengers to 110 airports annually. For more information or to book transportation, visit www.goairportshuttle.com.
Contact: Judi Schindler