BOOK NOW AND SAVE
We GO Where You GO In Over 90 Airports Worldwide
Go Group Suggests Going Green In Convention Cities
For Immediate Release: CHICAGO (August 5, 2008) — The travel experts at GO Group, LLC, the nation's largest ground transportation company, have sightseeing suggestions for convention-going Democrats and Republicans that are aligned with both parties' pledges to host environmentally sensitive conventions.
GO, which provides shared-ride shuttles to and from airports around the world, including those in Denver and Minneapolis-St. Paul, offers delegates tips for "green sightseeing" between speeches and caucuses.
Democrats meet in Denver Aug. 25 to 29, while Republicans are scheduled for Minneapolis Sept. 1 to 4.
"Both cities enjoy countless green activities," says Bob Flynn, general manager of Denver's GO Shamrock Airport Express. "We understand the action is at the convention halls, but we hope delegates make time to discover the beauty of their surrounding environments."
Green suggestions for Denver include:
- Farmer's Markets: Support locally produced, organically-grown foods at Denver's farmer's markets provide organically-grown foods. Visit www.coloradofreshmarkets.com.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory: Learn about renewable energy and energy efficiency in a fun and interactive setting for all ages.
- Outdoor Recreation: Denver and the surrounding area is a great place for hiking, mountain biking, kayaking or horseback riding. For more information visit www.denver.org .
Kurt Marquardt, president of GO Rochester Direct, in nearby Rochester, Minn., thinks Republicans will enjoy these green activities:
- Biking: Recently ranked the best place in the country for bicycle commuting, Minneapolis-St. Paul has nearly 200 miles of paths between them. Visit http://www.minneapolis.org/page/1/Top-Spots-Bike-Routes.jsp to learn more.
- Park System: Minneapolis boasts 170 parks throughout the city with hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, canoeing and more.
- Historic Walking Tour: For free guided walking tours of Minneapolis' historic sites, visit www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/hpc/walking-tours.asp.
Delegates to both conventions are reminded that shared ride shuttle services reduce fuel consumption, air-polluting emissions and traffic congestion over taxis or private cars.
GO Group, LLC members provide a convenient, one-stop source for door-to-door airport shuttle services. Members transport nearly 29 million passengers to 110 airports annually. For more information or to book transportation, visit www.goairportshuttle.com.
Contact: Judi Schindler