BOOK NOW AND SAVE
GO WITH US In Over 90 Airports Worldwide
Summer In The City Sizzles With Urban Festivals To Beckon Travelers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Chicago (May 19, 2009) — If you plan to visit a major metropolitan city this summer, you might want to time your trip around one of the local festivals to be held in urban centers around the world between June and August.
The travel pros at The GO Group, the world’s largest airport ground transportation company, offer a number of suggestions for events celebrating everything from Louis Armstrong to whale watching to hot dogs.
• San Francisco: 33rd Annual Union Street Eco-Urban Festival, June 6 – 7, Union Square. This ultimate “Green Fest” features an organic farmers’ market, arts & crafts created with recycled and sustainable materials, eco-friendly exhibits, 20 gourmet food booths and live entertainment. http://www.unionstreetfestival.com/
• Boston: Boston Harborfest, June 30 – July 5, historic downtown and waterfront districts. Over 200 events daily include: whale watching and Boston Harbor Brunch cruises, a chowder fest, parade, fireworks and live music at City Hall Plaza. http://www.bostonharborfest.com/saturday.html
• Honolulu: Hale’iwa Arts Festival, July 18 – 19, Hale’iwa Beach Park on Oahu’s North Shore. Some 140 visual artists will be featured as well as music, dance, storytelling and cultural history tours. http://www.haleiwaartsfestival.org
• New Orleans: Satchmo SummerFest, July 30 – Aug. 2 at the Old U.S. Mint. This is the 9th annual festival celebrating the life of Louis Armstrong with outdoor concerts, music history seminars, jazz exhibits, an art show, parade and booths featuring local food. http://blog.nola.com/festivals
• New York City: No city celebrates summer like New York, with 36 festivals in July and August. Depending on date, you can attend an international hot dog eating contest, an American Indian PowWow, jazz concerts or any number of street fairs. New York Magazine offers a complete list: http://nymag.com/guides/summer/streetfairs/
• London: Notting Hill Carnival. August 30 – 31, Notting Hill. At carnival, this historic street offers two days of parades, dancing, food and entertainment. The main party is Monday, a bank holiday. http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/notting-hill-carnival-feature-2194.html
GO Group members provide a convenient, one-stop source for door-to-door airport shuttle services. Each year, its members transport nearly 29 million passengers to 110 airports around the world using a fleet of 4,000 vehicles. Travelers can easily book ground transportation to and from both departure and destination airports through GO’s Web site, www.goairportshuttle.com.
Contact: Judi Schindler